I forgot my password

December 2014
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Yesterday at 8:52 am by Forgetful

» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:38 am by group44

» Team Racing
Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:45 pm by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

» 400 lbs of fire n fury
Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:33 pm by Wallhugger60

» GT Academy Discussion Thread
Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:46 pm by SpecMiata-JSW

» Gran Turismo 6 general
Fri May 30, 2014 3:09 pm by timneyb

» 2014 National Road Race Series
Mon May 26, 2014 3:36 pm by group44

» Postcards from Europe
Wed May 14, 2014 6:53 pm by group44

Formula 1 - 2012 - The Official Discussion Thread

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Formula 1 - 2012 - The Official Discussion Thread

Post  Dan_Zitions on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:11 pm

IIRC he did OK in the Indy car race I saw.

Sounded better hearing his name there than at a Nas-Truck race awhile back... Razz

Dan_Zitions

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Dan_Zitions wrote:IIRC he did OK in the Indy car race I saw.

Sounded better hearing his name there than at a Nas-Truck race awhile back... Razz

I love you Rubens Barichello, based entirely as he seems like one of the few F1 drivers who it would actually be fun to hang out with. I respect the hell out of a lot of those guys, but I actually like Rubens.

It's a shame he's not in his 20th season in F1. Him coming back to Ferrari will never happen, but he'd be better in that Williams than Pastor Maldanado, without question.

Plus: Bruno Senna + Rubens Barichello is just too good a story.

Man's still got pace.

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."

HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan_Zitions on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:01 am

Finally got to see the China race... Did NOT disappoint.

A long over due win, more passes than I can remember and a fight for the top 10 all the way through. Great race for F1 all the way around.

I used to yawn at F1 after the Senna days. Rare was the day you saw anything noteworthy unless it rained. A few years back they started to mix it up a little, and now they have a great mix of different and same that's led to a very promising start to what could be a very entertaining season.

I was NASCAR born and raised from the days of Petty, Pearson, Yarborough, Allison and the like.

So far this year...: Haven't made it through a single NASCANT race. Watched all the F1 races, 2 Indy car and a couple Aussie V8 Super Car races. Even got a little Rolex and Lemans in.

Never thought I'd say it, but sorry NASCANT, but you just don't interest me at all anymore. Sleep

____

Dan_Zitions

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sun May 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Dat clock fight. That was a racer's race. Coulthard put it best at the end when he said that those 6 world class drivers drove flawless races.

Sure there wasn't a lot of passing, but there was plenty of tension.

As a fan of Michael's I feel bad for him.

Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Sun May 27, 2012 10:07 pm

Forgetful wrote:Dat clock fight. That was a racer's race. Coulthard put it best at the end when he said that those 6 world class drivers drove flawless races.

Sure there wasn't a lot of passing, but there was plenty of tension.

As a fan of Michael's I feel bad for him.

I am on the edge of my seat waiting for this one to download. I know how it finishes, looked it up as soon as I recovered from the hang over after last night. Can't wait to sit down and watch!

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Tue May 29, 2012 4:11 pm

2012 Monaco Grand Prix was as expected, a hell of a close fight at the front with very little in the way of position changes. Jake Humphery pointed out on the BBC coverage, simply playing the devil's advocate, that there was really no passing and it was a "boring" race. I think he's got a point in the sense that I wish that there were some places on the track where you had a legitimate place to pass an opponent. More work could be done on the tunnel exit to open up the race a little bit, but as Button pointed out (while trapped behind a Caterham), if you place your car correctly and have reasonable traction, you can block the following car for 78 laps.

Still though, it's the Monaco Grand Prix, and it's always a race of attrition which will ultimately decide the leader. I wish that it had rained (and so does Sebastian Vettel) but I still thought it was a great race to watch. I read an interesting comment on the interwebs about Monaco as an example of why America will never embrace F1 (... right). "Nothing happens" was the argument, eloquently framed. I couldn't disagree more - arguing that nothing happened at Monaco is like arguing that nothing happened in a 0-0 tie in Football/Futball/Soccer, or that nothing happened in a baseball game where two great pitchers through 9 innings of hitless baseball. If that's true, it's more a sad commentary on what excites us as American sports fans than it is a condemnation of Formula 1 racing.

The Indy 500 was good to watch, and yes they broke the record for the number of lead changes in a race, but at least a third of those lead changes were a pair of teammates trading back and forth. Not exciting in any way. Ending a race under caution? Not exciting. Now, how we got there was, but honest to God, how long does it take to get a wrecked car towed off the oval and in to the infield? Every accident cost us 7-8 laps under caution. It felt a lot like Indy was making room for TV Timeouts, which is just lame.

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Wed May 30, 2012 3:27 pm

Sauber cuts in half an F1 car to show the internals:

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:59 pm

Pastor Maldanado continues to back me on my assertion that he should not be driving a Formula 1 car. Rolling Eyes

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Oh, Ferrari...

Official Unveiling - 'Our car... it's so ugly.'

Pre-season testing - '...it handles so bad. Just look at Massa.'

Pundits all agree.

Successful troll is successful.

Alonso = beast mode in a race car.

Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:18 pm

Forgetful wrote:Oh, Ferrari...

Official Unveiling - 'Our car... it's so ugly.'

Pre-season testing - '...it handles so bad. Just look at Massa.'

Pundits all agree.

Successful troll is successful.

Alonso = beast mode in a race car.

Ferrari's development this year has been absolutely astonishing and on top of that, Fernando has been driving probably better than at any other point in his career. I think the pundits were right early on, Fernando really was wrestling that car around the track. Since they brought out the new chassis and redeveloped a lot of the rear aero, that car has been very very quick. It's certainly looking like it will be a Red Bull Constructor's Championship while Fernando takes home the Driver's title, which is almost certainly going to mean curtains for Felipe Massa's career.

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:49 pm

If Massa doesn't get another drive, I hope Ferrari keeps Rob Smedley...

Laughing

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Pastor Maldanado crashed his Williams during an exhibition in Argentina on Monday... Bleep!

Earlier that day Rubens Barichello was quoted as having said that Williams would have more championship points and a better car if he was still there working with them.

Rubens bias is biased. On the other hand... Ninja

ALSO: How good is Indy Car? If you guys aren't watching Indy (which you can do on YouTube, all races, freely), I encourage you to check it out. The DW12 is funky looking but the racing has been awesome. Also, P2P > DRS by a wide margin.

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:11 pm

HWKII wrote:ALSO: How good is Indy Car? If you guys aren't watching Indy (which you can do on YouTube, all races, freely), I encourage you to check it out. The DW12 is funky looking but the racing has been awesome. Also, P2P > DRS by a wide margin.

In order:
Not bad. I watch on tv when convenient. Yes. Yes.

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
GTdata

clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:48 pm

clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:ALSO: How good is Indy Car? If you guys aren't watching Indy (which you can do on YouTube, all races, freely), I encourage you to check it out. The DW12 is funky looking but the racing has been awesome. Also, P2P > DRS by a wide margin.

In order:
Not bad. I watch on tv when convenient. Yes. Yes.

Additionally, +1 to driver personality. Indy drivers generally seem like more interesting people than F1 drivers of this current generation.

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:37 pm

Indeed. If F1 drivers have personality they're too sequestered to see it. The TV people can get to Indycar drivers when they're still mad/happy about whatever.

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
GTdata

clacksman

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top